The delegation of Ukraine takes part in the 55th MONEYVAL Plenary meeting
During December 4-7, 2017, the delegation of Ukraine headed by a representative of the State Financial Monitoring Service of Ukraine takes part in the 55th MONEYVAL Plenary Meeting in Strasbourg, France.
The delegation of Ukraine included representatives of the Secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine, the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, the National Bank of Ukraine, the Prosecutor General Office of Ukraine, the Security Service of Ukraine, the National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine, the State Financial Monitoring Service and the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine.
It should be noted that one of the main topics at the mentioned meeting is the consideration of the draft report of Ukraine on the results of the fifth round of the Mutual Evaluation of MONEYVAL.
In addition, in course of the 55th MONEYVAL Plenary Meeting, the representatives of the delegation of Ukraine are takes part in the consideration of the following issues:
- review of MONEYVAL calendar of activities for 2018;
- discussion of the presentation by the Secretariat of selected challenges and related case-law practices of international and domestic courts "International AML/CFT Standards and Fundamental Rights";
- information on AML/CFT initiative in MONEYVAL states and territories;
- examination of AML/CFT initiatives in other fora;
- election of the Bureau (Chair, two Vice- Chairs and one other Bureau member);
- examination of the Compliance Enhancing Procedure of MONEYVAL jurisdictions;
- presentation of the new methodology on National Risk Assessment by Council of Europe;
- consideration of issues related to Council of Europe Convention on Laundering, Search, Seizure and Confiscation of the Proceeds from Crime and the Financing of Terrorism (CETS No. 198).
In March-April 2017, the MONEYVAL on-site visit within the 5th round of mutual evaluations has been conducted in Ukraine.
Press service of SFMS