From 3 to 6 December, 2019, the SFMS representatives, within Ukrainian delegation,
take part in the 59th Plenary meeting of the Council of Europe Experts Committee on the Evaluation of Measures against Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (MONEYVAL), which takes place in Strasbourg (French Republic).
The delegation of Ukraine under the chairmanship of the SFMS will inform the participants of the meeting about the results of the measures, that were taken by Ukraine in the area of prevention and counteraction to legalization (laundering) of proceeds from crime, terrorist financing and financing of proliferation of weapons of mass destruction (AML/CFT), and further directions of Ukraine's activity in this area, as well as the SFMS representatives will discuss and provide the necessary comments to the first enhanced follow-up report of Albania following the results of the MONEYVAL 5th round of mutual evaluation of Albania, as Ukraine is the rapporteur country of this report.
In addition, during the Plenary meeting, the delegation of Ukraine will participate in the consideration and discussion of the agenda issues, in particular:
- MONEYVAL strategy for the period 2020-2022;
- reports of MONEYVAL member-states following the results of the 4th and 5th rounds of mutual evaluations;
- information on AML/CFT initiatives in MONEYVAL states and territories;
- amendments of MONEYVAL 5th round rules and procedures;
- the new methodology for R.15 and virtual assets;
- information on the current status of signature and ratification by countries of Council of Europe Convention on laundering, search, seizure and confiscation of proceeds from crime and on the terrorism financing (CETS No. 198), etc.
Press Service of the SFMS