From 3 to 7 September, representatives of the Secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine, the State Financial Monitoring Service of Ukraine, the Academy of Financial Monitoring, the National Bank of Ukraine, the National Securities and Stock Market Commission took part in a study visit to the Financial Intelligence Unit of the Republic of Poland.
The purpose of the study visit was to exchange experience in the area of counteraction to the legalisation (laundering) of the proceeds from crime, terrorist financing, and financing of proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.
During the visit, a number of important issues were discussed, in particular:
- practical aspects of operation of the General Inspector of Financial Information of the Republic of Poland;
- the most important changes in the IV AML Directive;
- EU most important initiatives in AML/CFT;
- Practical aspects related to disclosing, identifying, securing and recovering assets and preventing money laundering;
- National Risk Assessment – exchange of practical experiences from the exercise;
- operative information exchange during investigating crimes in the AML/CFT area;
- cooperation and exchange of information with the Poland FIU with other state authorities with a view to implementing a risk-based approach
- fight against corruption and combating money laundering from corruption offenses.
Press service of the SFMS