During September 25-28, 2017, the delegation of Ukraine headed by a representative of the State Financial Monitoring Service of Ukraine takes part in the 54th MONEYVAL Plenary Meeting in Strasbourg, France.
In course of the 54th Plenary Meeting, the representatives of the delegation of Ukraine takes part in consideration of organizational issues (rules, procedures and processes) related to the current activity of MONEYVAL, partly in terms of organization of monitoring of member-states, discussion of draft reports, as well the issues on:
- the presentation by the Executive Director of the Basel Institute for Public Administration "The Basle Anti-Money Laundering Index (AML): an instrument that assess the AML/CFT risks of the country's";
- the Secretariat's report on the FATF June’s meeting and the FATF Handbook, which provides practitioners with information on how to send the requests to foreign countries to targeted financial sanctions;
- AML/CFT initiatives in MONEYVAL member states and territories;
- review of information from the European Union: the European Commission and the General Secretariat;
- AML/CFT initiatives presentation from international institutions;
- consideration of issues related to the Council of Europe Convention on Laundering, Search, Seizure and Confiscation of the Proceeds from Crime, and the Financing of Terrorism, etc.
Ukraine is a member of MONEYVAL since 1997. The aim of MONEYVAL is to ensure that its member states have in place effective systems to counter money laundering and terrorist financing and comply with the relevant international standards in this matter. MONEYVAL carries out mutual evaluations of all relevant international standards in legal, financial and law enforcement spheres in its member states. MONEYVAL Mutual Evaluation Reports contain detailed recommendations on increasing the effectiveness of the AML/CFT systems, as well as capabilities of states to ensure international cooperation in these spheres.
In March-April, 2017 the MONEYVAL on-site visit within the 5th round of mutual evaluations was conducted in Ukraine.
Press Service of the SFMS