Concluded the visiting mission in Ukraine experts of Committee of Experts on the evaluation of anti-money laundering and the financing terrorism (MONEYVAL), as part of the 5th round of evaluation, which lasted for the past two weeks.
Coordination of preparation and holding in Ukraine expert mission MONEYVAL provided the State Financial Monitoring Service of Ukraine.
The main element of evaluation were consultations with government representatives, private sector and public sector to examine the effectiveness of the practical implementation of the FATF Recommendations pursuant to the 11 Immediate Outcomes.
During the mission MONEYVAL experts conducted more than 70 official scheduled working meetings with representatives of the SFMS, law enforcement and other state regulators, entities, private and public sector.
Under the terms of Immediate Outcomes, experts on mission got acquainted with the practice of law in Ukraine for financial monitoring, in particular as regards:
- realization of the National risk assessment and coordination of state agencies;
- international cooperation in this area;
- effectiveness of state regulation and supervision and understanding of private sector of money laundering and terrorist financing;
- the effectiveness of the State Financial Monitoring Service of Ukraine;
- measures taken by law enforcement and judicial system in the fight against money laundering, terrorist financing and the financing of proliferation and etc.
Following the mission the Head of the SFMS Igor Cherkaskyi noted high contribution to the development of MONEYVAL of European prevention and counteraction to legalization (laundering) of proceeds from crime, terrorist financing and the financing of proliferation, and stressed that the evaluation MONEYVAL Ukraine will take effective measures to improve its national financial monitoring system and its effective practical implementation.
Following the evaluation of experts will prepare the evaluation report with recommendations to Ukraine, which in the future will be approved at the plenary meeting of MONEYVAL.
Press-service of the SFMS